3/12/2007

Have a Good Day

This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. -Psa 118:24

When I pray, "Lord, make today a good day," what should that really mean? What I usually mean when I say that is for God to remove all trials, difficulties, and challenges and give me blessings, riches, luxury, and ease. I don't think it's wrong to pray for these things, but I also don't think we should expect to receive them frequently. God has revealed his will, and (unfortunately for how we usually think) God's definition of blessing usually involves trials and persecution.

What I should mean by this little prayer is for God to make today good, like he makes all days good. I should be praying that God change my spirit to see the day as good, regardless of any trials and persecutions, and rejoice. Rejoice in the Lord and be glad because he is the Lord. I should mean, "Lord, let me see how good you are today."

No comments: