4/25/2007

Titus and Good Works

their knowledge of the truth, which accords with godliness, -Titus 1:1

They profess to know God, but they deny him by their works. They are detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good work. -Titus 1:16

a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works. -Titus 2:14

insist on these things, so that those who have believed in God may be careful to devote themselves to good works. -Titus 3:8

And let our people learn to devote themselves to good works -Titus 3:14

These are a few snippets of the verses that jumped out at me today while I was reading Titus. Talk about convicting! I can sadly say that I am neither zealous for nor devoted to good works. Yes, I live a moral life for the most part, but it's sort of a passive morality. I try not to hurt people, but I certainly don't go out of my way to help people either. That is what is being commanded here. I sure hope I'm not included in 1:16 as "detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good work."

No comments: