4/13/2007

Amazing Wife

My wife is amazing. She knows me so well. A couple weeks ago, she bought me a birthday present, of course without my knowledge. Last week, completely innocently, I went out and bought some coffee beans because I was almost out. How was I to know that she was getting me coffee beans for my birthday? OK, she knows I like coffee. But how do you explain that I went to Dunn Brothers and bought a pound of Columbia and a pound of Sumatra...exactly what she did too! Yes, there are circumstances that contributed to this...like Dunn Bros is the only place we both know of to buy unroasted beans for my new hobby, and when I went to buy my beans all they had were those two origins in decaf. But still, she got me exactly what I would have gotten (did get)! She knew all those things--like I love coffee, drink decaf, want to roast the beans myself, want two pounds total, and want a little variety in there. Nicely done!

1 comment:

Radman said...

Tex, my old roomie was into roasting beans himself. He used an electric popcorn maker. It worked very nicely because the beans would roast on the hotplate at the bottom and the chaff would be blown out by the fan through the chute. Very creative, and the popcorn machine was $2 from Savers ;)