1/25/2008

2008 Update

Well, it's been over a month since my last post. Shame on me! Here's a quick summary of what's been going on:

  • Moved out of the condo we were staying in and back in with the in-laws in mid-December. Steph's grandma came back from Florida for Christmas, and she wanted to live at her place. We decided a 2 bedroom condo with 3 adults, a toddler, and a dog would be a little crowded. This move happened right around the time of my last blog post.
  • We're expecting our second child in August. Steph feels rotten most of the time--so we're still staying with her parents. We've had fun battles with our insurance company trying to get them to pay for medicine to keep food down. Twice I've been at Walgreen's picking up a prescription only to be told insurance isn't covering it. The first time they said they would only cover 9 pills every 21 days. At $25/pill and 2 per day, that didn't make me happy. Eventually we got it worked out so insurance paid it all and we're down to one per day. The second incident was after the new year, when our prescription insurance company changed behind the scenes. That was a fairly painless issue since all I had to do was print out new insurance cards.
  • I took the plunge into home brewing. I bought fermentation equipment and an ingredient kit to make a 5-gallon batch of Oktoberfest. I bottled the beer Monday, and it's currently carbonating. Hopefully I will be able to celebrate Groundhog Day with a nice bottle of home brew. Mmmmmm.
  • No bites, no nibbles, no sign of any activity whatsoever on our house. We had 1 showing in December. We have 2 open houses scheduled for this weekend. I'm skeptical, but trying to be optimistic. Someday the tundra will thaw, and Minnesotans will crawl out from their frozen cocoons and want to buy my house. Hopefully we'll get it sold and get settled into a new house in Milwaukee before the baby's born.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Jen2 said...

Welcome BACK ! and Congrats brother !!!!!
Sorry to hear that Steph is having a rough go of it....the Lord will use it as she depends on Him surely. YEY !!! Baby #2 !!!!

Whew.
Brent and I will be praying for your home selling situation brother......
watching with you,
your sister,
jennifer

ps - say hello to Steph for me ! :)