11/16/2007

Winter Pansies

There's one thing I really hate about this time of year. As much as I don't like Standard Time, the weather complainers are much more irritating. I try not to rant about Standard Time because 1-it is standard (Daylight Savings is just a wonderful present I get every single summer) and 2-it happens, so deal with it. Yes, it is a drastic shock to lose that hour of evening sunlight, but if it really bothered me enough to keep complaining, I should move to Indiana, Arizona, or Hawaii. Or, I could get up an hour earlier, go to work an hour earlier, and get my hour of sunlight in the evening...which is exactly what I started doing this week.

So, my other irritation are the weather complainers. Here's a simple observation: It's November, and November is always cold. Next comes winter--and it will be cold too. If you can't figure that out, you don't deserve to have a job that pays anything above minimum wage. And if you do have a job that pays above minimum wage, buy a warm coat, hat, and gloves and quit complaining about it. Or quit your job and move South.

Why the rant? Maybe it's because I just moved from Minneapolis and thought the people there complain too much...but people in Milwaukee complain just as much. The fact is, it's not even cold yet! It's not even below freezing...let alone negative. Maybe I'm just annoyed because it was 29 deg when I left my home this morning...on a bike...and I wasn't cold...because I wore a coat, hat, and gloves.

No comments: