10/10/2007

Patience

For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end--it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay. -Hab 2:3

This is not really talking about God selling my house...but it indirectly reminds me that God understands our timeline. He doesn't follow our timeline, but he knows that we are anxious people. He knows his timeline often seems slow to us. God is not ignorant of our perception.

Of course I don't need to worry--God will provide for me in his time. What I need is faith to trust both his provision and his timing. He often provides in ways that are different from how we want him to provide. He might not sell my house for the amount I want...but he might provide renters, or free housing in relatives' vacant homes, or just enough money to buy a new home despite a loss on the current one. He is God and knows better than I do.

Please pray that God would provide for our house...and that I would have the faith to trust his provision.

No comments: